Monday, July 19, 2010

What Love

Here's a question: Have you ever heard of Orange Hawkweed? How about Meadowsweet? Daisy Fleabane? Probably not. Neither had I until today, when I did some research.

This past weekend, I ventured to northern New Hampshire and took a walk along a moderately quiet dirt road in the country. All along the road were bushes and vines, flowers and trees. I picked some of the flowers to admire them... And wow, were they gorgeous. Each flower was delicate and fragile, yet so intricately designed and amazing. The Hawkweed popped out of the grass with its vibrant orange coloring, while the Meadowsweet graced the bushes with its tiny white petals and ready-to-open buds. The spiky Daisy Fleabane added a different style to the terrain.

Each of these flowers put me in absolute awe of God's creation. Yes, I've walked by plenty of flowers in my lifetime. And yes, occasionally I have stopped to admire them or pluck them for a vase. But studying these flowers made me wonder... How many parts of my Father's creation have I merely passed by? How many of the gifts He made for me have I failed to thank Him for, or even acknowledge?

It is so incredible to think about the fact that He made each part of nature--every gust of wind, every blade of grass, every flower petal--for me. For you. If you or I had been the only human created, He still would have made the masterpiece we call Earth. And what love is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment