Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rain, rain go away... or not

Rain, rain, go away... I found my self singing this catchy song this week as the rain persisted to pour down in my area.  I grumbled about how I had to walk here and there in the rain, run in the rain, drive in the rain.... and the list goes on!  For the entire week, the sun did not show its beautiful face and everyone, including myself, was a little grumpy and depressed.

About a year ago exactly, God showed me something amazing.  I was grumbling about the overflow of spring rain and then God brought the song 'Grace Like Rain' to my heart.  I couldn't stop singing it.  The song talks about God pouring down grace just like rain falls down.  It changed the rain's image in my mind to something wonderful and glorious.  GRACE!  I was struggling with other things at the same time this rain was persisting last spring and God very obviously poured out His overwhelming grace on me.  Forever I will remember the symbol of grace tied to rain.  This is where our blog name came from.  Both of us know that God will continue to pour out His grace on us (no matter if there is rain or drought) but the idea that we can remember God's grace ever time it rains is powerful; therefore we titled the blog: Rain Evermore!

I woke up this morning and once again it was raining.  But I've chosen to praise God for the rain, and I hope you will too.  If the rain just becomes a drag, starting singing 'Grace Like Rain' and praising God for His complete control of all things and abounding grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment