Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Sweet Signs of Memories

Today was a day of longing and nostalgia.  The sun showed itself for a short time today and heated the area to a thick 80 degrees.  Once again I found myself complaining about something; this time it was the heat!  After I persisted in complaining for a little while in my heart, God put something else in place.  It was not a rebuke as I probably deserved but rather memories that reminded me of wonderful things that come with spring.  Walking outside I felt the heat beating on me (I did not dress for high temps) but then there was a wonderful light, not hair blowing, breeze that pushed away the humidity for a little while.  Immediately I thought of camp, a place that is like a home away from home.  A place where I feel so comfortable and close to my Heavenly Father.  I smiled.  Even though there was no one around, I smiled.  As it brightened my face and mood, I took a deep breath caught the faint smell of a campfire.  I don't understand why someone would be making a fire but it placed me even more in the land of camp.  Coming home today, we drove through a thunderstorm.  With camp on the mind, I began to think of the great bonding time and conversations I had during those restricting storms.  I can't wait to go back! 

These sweet signs pushed the ugly thoughts from my mind and heart.  To God be the glory! ... and I am so grateful that I will be there this summer once again for the campfires, breezes, thunderstorms, and a beautiful getaway to spend time learning more about my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment